Ah, the power of the palate cleanser… I was feeling a bit ugh after having a few heavier teas this morning in addition to that ridiculously sugary (and delicious!) chai mix. And I’m grumpy because the mailman is late and he has my Butiki order! Grr!

This tea is making it all better. I am reminded that I should always keep a simple sencha around, for this exact moment. Relaxing, tummy-calming, palate-cleansing sencha. Delicious! :)

On an actual “tasting” note, I did a 2-minute steep today. I’m getting an interesting smoky, mineral note that reminds me of gunpowder tea.

Flavors: Mineral, Smoke

Cheri

I love how tea can make me feel better when I’m grumpy. I hope your mail carrier shows up soon.

Cameron B.

I just went downstairs to check and she’s in the process of putting all the mail in the boxes (I live in an apartment). So SOON! :)

Comments

Cheri

Cameron B.

Currently trying to move out of the flavored tea phase and into those tasty straight teas!

My general tea info:

Likes:
Taiwanese Blacks
French Flavored Teas
Yunnan (esp. Pure Bud varieties)
Japanese Greens (esp. Sencha & Gyokuro)
Genmaicha (traditional or otherwise)
Blueberry
Vanilla
Fig
Almond/Marzipan
Most “Dessert” Flavors (caramel, toffee, butterscotch, cake, cookie, etc.)

Favorite Companies:
Mariage Frères
Mellow Monk

Not A Fan
Green Oolong
Overly Floral (esp. Rose)
Licorice Root