Sipdown! (147)

Yum! It’s been long time since I first tried this one, and I’m not sure where my palate was then, but this is definitely better than an 85 now. I made this a bit strong, with a teaspoon and a half of tea, and it’s quite lovely this way. Nice and malty, there’s a teensy bit of smoke in the background but I actually love the effect it has. Very nicely balanced dark and rich tea! :)

albertocanfly

Isn’t it amazing how quickly our palates can change? :]

Cameron B.

Definitely! My taste has changed a lot in two months. :)

mj

Me too! I love my straight teas so much more than my flavored teas now. And the BF informed me last night that I am now a snob because I’m “too good for Teavana” LOL

Cameron B.

Ugh Teavana… I don’t know what possessed me to buy tea there a couple weeks ago. Huge mistake, lol.

LOL some things seem like a good idea at the time….and then they are so not

At least I got two half-price tins out of it! <3

yyz

I just try one of their samples and it’s enough to scare me off. It’s not really the tea, its the sugar that makes me nauseous.

Comments

albertocanfly

Isn’t it amazing how quickly our palates can change? :]

Cameron B.

Definitely! My taste has changed a lot in two months. :)

LOL some things seem like a good idea at the time….and then they are so not

At least I got two half-price tins out of it! <3

yyz

I am a shameless Western steeper!

My general tea info:

Likes:
Taiwanese Blacks
French Flavored Teas
Yunnan (esp. Pure Bud varieties)
Lightly Roasted Oolong
Japanese Greens (esp. Sencha & Gyokuro)
Genmaicha (traditional or otherwise)
Blueberry
Vanilla
Fig
Almond/Marzipan
Most “Dessert” Flavors (caramel, toffee, butterscotch, cake, cookie, etc.)

Favorite Companies:
Mariage Frères
Yunomi

Not A Fan
High Mountain Oolong
Overly Floral (esp. Rose)
Licorice Root