drank Plum by Dobra Tea

This sample came from Hapatite. She included several sizable samples with my purchases from her stash sale a few weeks ago. The black tea leaves in this blend actually look like they’re higher quality than I generally see in flavored teas. There are also pieces of what I assume is dried plum? Doesn’t say on the website or in the Steepster description, so who knows? Smells sweetly fruity and there’s something nutty too, but that may be scent contamination from another tea. I steeped it for 3 minutes at 200 degrees.

The aroma is mostly black tea with a vague fruity smell. I added some sugar to mine, as I am wont to do with flavored teas. I’m actually pleasantly surprised by this one! I haven’t been loving most flavored teas lately, and some of them even make me feel nauseous… The flavor in this does remind me of a very ripe and sweet plum, and there’s a teensy bit of tartness that makes it seem even more believable. I don’t really have much to say about the base tea besides that it’s mellow and it doesn’t interfere heavily with the flavor. This tea leaves a pleasantly tart fruity aftertaste in the back of my mouth, yums. :D

Flavors: Fruity, Plums, Sweet

Currently trying to move out of the flavored tea phase and into those tasty straight teas!

My general tea info:

Likes:
Flavored Black
Yunnan (esp. Pure Bud varieties)
Mild Sencha/Kabusecha
Genmaicha (traditional or otherwise)
Blueberry
Vanilla
Fig
Almond/Marzipan
Most “Dessert” Flavors (caramel, toffee, butterscotch, cake, cookie, etc.)

Currently Exploring:
Chinese Black
Oxidized/Roasted Oolong

Not A Fan
Green Oolong
Overly Floral (esp. Rose)
Licorice Root