drank Golden Blend by Harney & Sons

Sipdown! (143)

I was around here much yesterday! I wrote that note on Troika in the morning, and then we went to lunch. I had a yummy peanut butter burger (burger with peanut butter, honey, bacon, and tomato jam). Then we came home and took a nap, hah! After that the roommate and his girlfriend were taking up the whole couch so I was at my desktop and I got distracted playing Wildstar. :P Most of the teas I drank yesterday weren’t sipdowns and weren’t new teas anyway so I suppose I wouldn’t have felt the need to write about them regardless. I’m sorry, I didn’t meant to neglect you, Steepster! :P

So, this tea. I used about a teaspoon and a half because I didn’t want to have a random half teaspoon left over. So unfortunately it came out a bit bitter, as some teas do when overleafed. I added a little bit of sugar, which I never do with straight teas, and now it’s better with just the tiniest hint of bitterness near the end. I’m getting some very lovely fruit notes from this tea today, yum! Still probably not something I would purchase, but it’s pretty good. :)

It’s getting harder to get sipdowns just because a lot of the teas I still have are samples from TeaVivre, and you guys know what their sample size is like… So I foresee it becoming harder for me to stick to just the sipdown teas soon. :(

I am a shameless Western steeper!

My general tea info:

Likes:
Taiwanese Blacks
French Flavored Teas
Yunnan (esp. Pure Bud varieties)
Lightly Roasted Oolong
Japanese Greens (esp. Sencha & Gyokuro)
Genmaicha (traditional or otherwise)
Blueberry
Vanilla
Fig
Almond/Marzipan
Most “Dessert” Flavors (caramel, toffee, butterscotch, cake, cookie, etc.)

Favorite Companies:
Mariage Frères
Yunomi

Not A Fan
High Mountain Oolong
Overly Floral (esp. Rose)
Licorice Root