My second-oldest tea, from December of 2016!

I love this one, and it’ll definitely go straight onto the reorder list when I finish it off. Such a lovely combination of malty black tea, toasty and subtly smoky hoji-kukicha, and softly evergreen cedar tips. I’m also getting a touch of dark fruitiness this time, I assume from the juniper. There are also some gentle honey notes.

Sorry for neglecting you, poor delicious tea! I’m thankful to be sipping on this while it still has plenty of flavor left, even though it’s four years old.

Flavors: Autumn Leaf Pile, Berry, Honey, Malt, Pine, Roasted, Smoke, Smooth, Sweet, Wood

derk

I am interested in trying this if in the future you’d like to split an order. This and I think it’s White Wolf? And maybe Gypsy Caravan.

amandastory516

This sounds delicious!

Mastress Alita

I’d split this with you any day, Derk. I have a serious lack of piney tea.

Cameron B.

Of course, always happy to split things! :)

Tiffany :)

I’d love to try this one as well!!

Comments

derk

amandastory516

This sounds delicious!

Mastress Alita

I’d split this with you any day, Derk. I have a serious lack of piney tea.

Cameron B.

Of course, always happy to split things! :)

Tiffany :)

I’d love to try this one as well!!

Hi, I’m Cameron! I’m a 30-year-old software engineer currently living in Austin, Texas with my husband and our two pugs, Gobo and Ume. I tend to cycle between my different hobbies, and they include knitting, video games, board games, miniature painting, bento, baking, and – of course – TEA! But really, what I’m best at is collecting hobby related-things… ;)

I prefer my tea lukewarm or at room temperature and without milk or sugar. I will often sweeten iced tea. I brew Western style, and fluctuate between using mugs or teapots with small cups depending on the season. Occasionally I’ll brew Gongfu style when I’m in the mood. I also use a kyusu for Japanese teas.

I am always up for a swap! Just let me know if you’d like to try something in my cupboard.

Current Subscriptions:
52teas
Bird & Blend
Kyoto Obubu Tea Farms
Sips by

Tea Preferences:
I enjoy both flavored and unflavored teas in many forms. These days, I drink mostly flavored teas, and I tend to gravitate most toward black, green, and oolong varieties. I do have a special fondness for straight Japanese green teas, however. I also enjoy maté, rooibos, honeybush, and herbal tisanes.

Fruit: All of them! My ‘go-to’s tend to be in the red fruits, stonefruit, or citrus spectra. I also really love apple, banana, berry, fig, lychee, melon, pear, and rhubarb flavors. Tropical fruits aren’t among my favorites, but I still enjoy them once in a while – especially passionfruit, mango, and pineapple. I am not generally a fan of coconut in tea, though there are some exceptions.

Dessert: I love creamy vanilla and marshmallow flavors, along with anything in the caramel family such as butterscotch, toffee, or maple. Chocolate is also a favorite, though I’m often disappointed by it in tea. And don’t forget anything buttery, cakey, or cookie-y!

Floral: I’m a little bit more particular in this category. I very much enjoy jasmine, even strong jasmine, along with sakura and chamomile. But I’m not crazy about rose or lavender flavors, and I prefer hibiscus in moderation only.

Spices: I don’t generally find myself drawn to masala chai, but I do enjoy spices combined with other flavors. My favorite spices are the warm ones, especially cinnamon, nutmeg, anise, and cardamom. A bit of heat from black pepper or chili is okay too, as long as it’s not overwhelming! Ginger can be a lovely accent, but I find it difficult to drink as a starring flavor.

Aromatics: I’m obsessed with Earl Grey! I also love cooling flavors such as mint (especially spearmint), pine, juniper, and eucalyptus. I am not a fan of strong rosemary or sage in tea.

Favorite Purveyors:

80-89: Great – a possible staple
70-79: Good, but I wouldn’t buy it
60-69: It’s decent
50-59: Meh… I may or may not have finished the cup
40-49: Ick. Couldn’t finish it.
00-39: Repulsive, I spat it out