drank Dancong Aria by Adagio Teas

It has dark twisted leaves with a pretty fruit smell. Steeping it creates a sweet oolong tea with a bit too much bitterness for my taste. One of the few teas I couldn’t finish.

Cofftea

I didn’t get ANY bitterness at all… try 2.25g/6oz water for 5 min in boiling purified water.

caustiq

Yeah, someone said they tried to oversteep and couldn’t get many tanins out. Maybe your water quality is poor?

Cofftea

Another good point castiq- play around w/ different water, water temp, leaf amount, and steep time. Don’t give up on it:)

Cofftea

In the month since my 1st comment I’ve done a lot more trial and error (w/ not a lot of errors thank God;)), try a steep anywhere between 30sec and 3min. I’m hoping that’ll give you a better cuppa… 2nd infusion might bring back the bitterness then though. Subsequent infusions when starting w/ a short steep time can be interesting. Fortunately, I think that’s a good thing:)

Comments

Cofftea

caustiq

Cofftea

I’m a suddenly enthusiastic tea aficionado. I had no idea how varied and delicious teas could be. Also I’m a dairy-free vegetarian, so if you see me say “cream” or “milk” it means soy milk or soy cream.

Memphis