drank Shanti by The Simple Leaf

Beautiful long dark green leaves give off a smoky fragrance when dry. Steeped it has an even stronger smoky smell which also dominates the taste. There is a very slight bitter edge. Overall, this isn’t really my sort of tea.

Bethany

I had a week where Shanti was the only tea I would drink in the afternoons. This reminds me that I need to revisit it. If memory serves me correctly, though, it was definitely unique and an acquired taste.

Carolyn

It may be that another day would have been a better one to try to acquire this taste. Today’s been pretty difficult and I was longing for a light, sweet tea.

Comments

Bethany

Carolyn

I’m a suddenly enthusiastic tea aficionado. I had no idea how varied and delicious teas could be. Also I’m a dairy-free vegetarian, so if you see me say “cream” or “milk” it means soy milk or soy cream.

Memphis