drank Coconut Cream Pie by 52teas

My plan for today is eating very little so that I can feast tonight. This tea just arrived and I’ve dragooned it into my plot to keep me low calorie during the day while satisfying my hungry inner child. (Thanks for such great timing 52 Teas.)

The tea looks amazing with giant pieces of coconut strewn through the tea. I absolutely adore coconut and would happily live on it if that didn’t mean that I would gain tons of weight. But coconut tea? Just what the diet doctor ordered I think.

The tea’s fragrance wafts upward with a light floral note combined with coconut, vanilla and the classic tea scent. It steeps into a reddish brown liquor that has a sweet dark taste with a coconut aftertaste. It’s reasonably good and definitely what I need today to stay on my meager calorie allotment until tonight’s bacchanal.

LENA

this sounds so good. 78 isn’t a bad score either. i’ve been on a coconut kick lately. no so much with teas, but with actual coconut. mmm!

takgoti

I’d be all over ordering this if I liked coconut more. The fact that you got me salivating a little bit with this review anyway is high praise.

Carolyn

@takgoti You’re just a sucker for floral fragrances. ;) It is a reasonably good tea. Not a fantastic tea. But reasonably good and certainly hit the spot for what I needed today. Also, it appears to be pretty high caffeine. We went for a walk in the park after I drank it and I was bouncing along the boardwalk and challenging my beloved to short races.

takgoti

HAH, it’s true. Well, that and buttery teas. Erm…and caramel. Anyway, that’s pretty funny about the caffeine! I tend to get a little loopy when I’m a caffeine high.

Comments

LENA

Carolyn

takgoti

I’m a suddenly enthusiastic tea aficionado. I had no idea how varied and delicious teas could be. Also I’m a dairy-free vegetarian, so if you see me say “cream” or “milk” it means soy milk or soy cream.

Memphis