drank Mayan Chocolate Chai by 52teas

OK, I thought I’d just top off my caffeination before heading out (while waiting for my beloved to slowly ready himself) and try this new tea at the same time. It’s not for me. I couldn’t finish it. The spices are too strong and hurt my throat and the ginger smell is too strong for me to enjoy the fragrance of the tea.

I’ve put it in my “Give to a Good Home” box.

Andrea in New Mexico

This is on my shopping list, one I’ve wanted to try!

I’d love to send you some of my beloved white chai for a taste of this one!

Andrea in New Mexico

(Or anything else in my cupboard, if it looks more enticing to you…)

Cofftea

Carolyn, I’d like to try some too, please.

Andrea in New Mexico

(Cofftea, if you’d like some of this white chai—or anything else!—I’d be happy to send some your way as well. I’m drinking nothing else today and it’s divine!)

Cofftea

Thanks Andrea, but I don’t care for lemon or coconut in my chai- but P.S. I think you’d like Adagio’s Thai Chai. I think I have some I can send you, I’ll check and let you know for sure. The only thing in your cupboard that really interests me is Essencha’s matcha, but I think I’ll wait til I go there in June to try it. I’ve got 2 different kinds I’m kinda sorta almost done w/ and one more on the way anyway.

Madison Bartholemew

this is waiting for me to try… have you had the chai with chocolate? Now I’m wondering how it is in comparison to that.

Carolyn

I would be delighted to split the tea up amongst you and send it out. I will send an email to Cofftea requesting her address.

@Andrea If you would send me your email address via Twitter at http://twitter.com/CarolynDrinksTe I will make arrangements that way. Alternatively, if you are not shy about sharing your email address publically (as I am) you can post it here.

@Madison I am not sure which chocolate chai you are talking about. I’ve had the Adagio chocolate chai (which made me a bit sick as all the Adagio flavored teas do). Is that what you are referring to? I can tell you that this does not compare well for me with any chai tea, which I normally like.

Carolyn

@Andrea I would be delighted to try your white chai, which has received such stunning acclaims by you. But please send a very, very small amount since my husband is looking askance at the room my tea is taking up in the kitchen.

Cofftea

@Carolyn, I do believe she’s referring to 52teas chai w/ chocolate which is in stock.

Madison Bartholemew

hmmmm I was wondering about the 52teas chai with chocolate… let me link you http://steepster.com/teas/52teas/6471-chai-with-chocolate

Carolyn

Oh, I see. Thank you. No I haven’t tried it.

Andrea in New Mexico

Carolyn, I’ll message you on Twitter in a few. I’m AndreaNM there for anyone who cares…

Cofftea, I was going to offer you some of the Essencha matcha and I would really like to send you some. You don’t need to wait until June and anyway, I’d love to hear how you think it compares… my matcha experience is so limited.

This will be my first time sending tea out and I’d love to know how people prefer to receive it—my instinct is just to put some amount (an ounce? Some tablespoons? What’s typical?) in a Ziplock baggie. Is there a better way?

Andrea in New Mexico

Carolyn, I’m not able to send you a message via Twitter. My e-mail address is my first name dot royb@l at gmail dot com. And change the at sign in my second name to the letter it most resembles. :-)

Carolyn

Ok. I’ve emailed both Andrea and Cofftea.

@Andrea In my limited experience ziplock bags seem to be very common. One thing to keep in mind is that ziplocks do not adequately keep scents in or out of the bag. So if you are sending a lot of tea you may want to segregate the strong smelling bags of tea from the more delicate teas. takgoti used tissue paper which I thought was merely decorative until I put all the little ziplocks together in a big ziplock and had some trouble with fragrance leakage. Since that moment my admiration for takgoti’s knowledge of all things tea has merely increased.

Cofftea

Ok, Andrea- you win:) I’ll take some. Thank you so much! Email me and let me know what you’d like in return.

Andrea in New Mexico

Cofftea, did you get my e-mail? I still need your address!

Comments

Andrea in New Mexico

This is on my shopping list, one I’ve wanted to try!

I’d love to send you some of my beloved white chai for a taste of this one!

Andrea in New Mexico

(Or anything else in my cupboard, if it looks more enticing to you…)

Cofftea

Carolyn, I’d like to try some too, please.

Carolyn

Oh, I see. Thank you. No I haven’t tried it.

Carolyn

Ok. I’ve emailed both Andrea and Cofftea.

Andrea in New Mexico

Cofftea, did you get my e-mail? I still need your address!

I’m a suddenly enthusiastic tea aficionado. I had no idea how varied and delicious teas could be. Also I’m a dairy-free vegetarian, so if you see me say “cream” or “milk” it means soy milk or soy cream.

Memphis