drank Pumpkin Chai by DAVIDsTEA

Decided to try this in a different way today. I filled about 2/3rds of my travel mug with milk and added some hot water. Then I took that and put it in a pot on the stove. Added 2tsps of brown sugar and about 2 tsps of the loose leaf and turned the heat on. About 5 minutes later I turned the heat down to low after the liquid was boiling. Then I left it for 3 minutes and strained it back into my travel mug. It didn’t quite fill the mug so I added some cold milk (which also allowed me to drink it right away) and OMG. This was a-ma-zing. I can’t say enough good things about this. It did change the taste a little and I lost some of the pumpkin pie in a mug flavour but there was still pumpkin and the cinnamon came out even more. It also thickened it up some. I will be doing this again when I have the time and am not just quickly making a tea before we walk out the door. Soooo good.

Jessie

Mm, I’ve been wanting to stovetop this in milk. In fact I think I might do it right now.

Faith

One way to keep more of the pumpkin pie flavour would be to steep it in hot water for a couple minutes, THEN add it to the hot milk on the stove. That way the steeping process is jump-started and the milk can’t totally interfere with it.

Cattibrie

Good idea Faith. Thanks. I did this again tonight and steeped it for a little longer in the milk and it was even better. I will give your suggestion a try also.

Comments

Jessie

Faith