Definitely not my cup of tea.
No taste of cinnamon, cloves or mint.
Rather bland, but in a medicinal way.
I drank a full pot, but couldn’t bear to do a re-steep.
The red liqour is intoxicating & I had high hopes for this one
((Sigh))

Eco-Cha 一口茶

Hi CelebriTEA! Thanks for posting this tasting note, I’m sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy the tea though!

I wanted to share a little more info on the tasting notes and where we are coming from with ‘cinnamon’. In Taiwan, Red Jade is often described as having a note of cinnamon in its aroma and aftertaste. In Taiwanese culture, cinnamon is used as a medicinal ingredient in traditional herbal remedies and in cooking recipes that use traditional Chinese medicine ingredients for flavoring. This is in contrast to our common experience of cinnamon in baked goods or beverages if it is combined with sweeteners and other flavoring. So the tasting note in Red Jade is of the aromatic, slightly bitter quality in cinnamon rather than the sweetness that might be associated with it in western cuisine.

I completely understand this might not be ‘your cup of tea’ ;-) though! Just wanted to share a couple notes.

Have a great day and enjoy whatever is in your cup!

CelebriTEA

Thank you for that note~ explains it to a “tea”

Comments

Eco-Cha 一口茶

Have a great day and enjoy whatever is in your cup!

CelebriTEA

Thank you for that note~ explains it to a “tea”

48 yr old retired nurse from Indiana.
I have 5 kids, 8 GrandAngels,
{Expecting a new GrandAngel}
&
an African Grey “Tanzi”

My favorite teas are
Earl Grey,
(Super Love Verdant Blends~
The Jolly Earl & The Earl of Anxi )
(Buttered Rum~

Celestial Seasonings Sweet Harvest Pumpkin
For a Delish, yet,
inexpensive,Quick Fix.

I have recently tried the organic Blueberry Jam
from David’s Tea and love it!
but it is time for me to get adventurous….

Soon & very SOON, I will be putting in time with some Pu-erhs,
I look forward to learning and tasting.
I love Verdant, Butiki, David’s, AND
I really love Harney & Son’s for providing quality tea in bags…
makes it so much easier to carry a quality tea with you ….wherever you go :-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FYI, on swaps and such I would
prefer