Such a good way to kickstart these early mornings, especially now that my tastebuds are back to normal! Seriously, what kind of med has a side effect like “rusty metallic taste”?! Yuck! Sooo glad to be done with it.

I got a generous sample of this one from Roswell Strange and I’d been dying to try it once the metallic taste went away. I really like guayusa, and I LOVE a good citrusy tea in the summer, and boy does this deliver!

I’ve had some issues with appetite loss lately, another med side effect, so I’ve been trying to sneak healthy stuff into myself in ways that don’t end in nausea. That’s how I discovered the epicness of chia seeds! I tried a chocolate chia pudding with protein powder, almond milk, and chia seeds, and boy was it tasty! That got me thinking of other things I could do with chia, since it’s so high in protein (4.4g per serving) and it quickly poofs up and gels when added to liquid. So I decided to try adding it to some iced tea as a pseudo bubble tea and OMGYUM!!!!! SO tasty! Perfect texture, and it fits through a normal straw!

So that’s what I had for breakfast. Good Morning Sunshine chia seed bubble tea. yum!

Roswell Strange

Ooh, sounds good!

That’s an awesome idea.

Zopiclone as the worst taste side effect I’ve ever experienced. Bitter and metallic and impossible to rinse out or cover up. Kinda ruins everything you put in your mouth.

Bear With Me

Zopiclone was the culprit and it didn’t even help me sleep! It just made my mouth gross and my mood extra crappy. So uncool

Anlina

Aww that sucks. :( I find it really helpful for a good night sleep, but that side effect… occasionally worth it, but I really have to consider the balance of a good sleep vs everything tasting awful.

Comments

Roswell Strange

Ooh, sounds good!

That’s an awesome idea.

Bear With Me

Anlina

Part of the Heffalumps and Woozles brigade!
I’m a tea addict. Oolong, Pu’ehr, and Lapsang Souchong are my favourites. I share tea with my pony, Java (Competes under the name “Bear With Me”). I’m pretty sure I’m the only person ever to buy matcha JUST for their horse, haha!

I’m on the hunt for the PERFECT peach tea. Something juicy that screams “I am PEACH!” when you take a sip. Ideally a Green, White, Oolong, or Yellow base (I find peach black teas to be too much tannin not enough peachy goodness). Suggestions are appreciated!

Bear with me (haha) while I update my cupboard. I recently did a huge reorganization and my cupboard is no longer accurate.

Vancouver Island, BC