My adorable dachshund grabbed this sample off of my shelf the other day, and I took it as a sign that it was time to try it. I drank this from a tea bowl, as the company’s website says it was first served to them that way. The first aromas I noted were artichokes and green apples. I could also taste artichoke strongly. There are floral notes that I can’t put my finger on too. This tea is lightly creamy, and when all of the broth is gone, the leaves smell sweetly tart like citric acid. Very enjoyable!

Tea means so many things to me, it is so deep and it is revealing new meaning to me all the time.

Tea is a mindfulness practice, and a doorway through which to explore different philosophies, cultures, and historical times. Tea is hospitality and a way of communion. Tea is an art, a ritual, and a tradition. Tea is a complement to the foods I eat (preferably vegan desserts) and is something I enjoy collecting and curating.

I love to swap, or even just send people samples, so if there’s anything in my cupboard you’d like to try, just send me a message!

San Francisco Bay Area