I’m almost out of this tea (very sad), but I’m excitedly looking forward to the Spring 2013 teas!

I don’t drink a lot of Darjeeling. This may be the only Darjeeling that I have had more than once. So, take this rating with an especially minuscule grain of salt. It has a savory aroma (as described) and a floral note that reminds me of roses after a cool spring rain. It is light bodied with a pleasant astringency. I think I finally understand what people are talking about when they speak of a “muscatel” note. When I smelled this tea, I was momentarily transported to a night this past summer when I opened a Martinelli Muscat Alexandria for some friends of mine.

This is a wonderful tea if you want something to drink many cups of or to go with food. (I brewed up a big pot of this at around 11AM to drink with my breakfast of curried lentils and rice.) I guess I should also note that this tea had a lot of broken pieces in it and really clogged up the narrow slots of my glass infuser.

Kasumi no Chajin

If you want to try Della Terra’s Darjeeling, I can add some in our next swap.

CharlotteZero

Thanks! That would be great. I was going to message you today to let you know that I hadn’t forgotten about the samples you asked for, I’ve just been mostly busy with a hint of procrastination…

Kasumi no Chajin

cool. I’ll set some aside. no worries on timeframe!

Comments

Kasumi no Chajin

If you want to try Della Terra’s Darjeeling, I can add some in our next swap.

CharlotteZero

Kasumi no Chajin

cool. I’ll set some aside. no worries on timeframe!

Tea means so many things to me, it is so deep and it is revealing new meaning to me all the time.

Tea is a mindfulness practice, and a doorway through which to explore different philosophies, cultures, and historical times. Tea is hospitality and a way of communion. Tea is an art, a ritual, and a tradition. Tea is a complement to the foods I eat (preferably vegan desserts) and is something I enjoy collecting and curating.

I love to swap, or even just send people samples, so if there’s anything in my cupboard you’d like to try, just send me a message!

San Francisco Bay Area