I’ve been holding on to this sample of tea for too long! Friday night I finally got around to brewing it, and it lasted me over three days, and when I finally decided to move on to another tea, I believed it could have still been brewed more. I made this gong fu style, and I didn’t make tasting notes. The flavors/aromas/sensations were very much like what is described on the website (peppercorn, sparkling, linen, apple [didn’t really get so much of this], cedar). Through later steepings it begins to get more earthy and the spice notes go from being light and peppery to more of a cinnamon or allspice (although neither of those I think are quite it). In much later steepings it became very mineral-y. This was a great tea, and it inspired me to make a last-minute Verdant purchase before their sale ended. This has also really piqued my curiosity as to what an aged version of this would be like.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Aged yabao is one of my favorite teas! It’s sweet, smooth, silky, fruity, earthy, and very thick tasting. :)

CharlotteZero

Interesting. Sounds delicious! How old are the aged yabaos you have tasted?

Whispering Pines Tea Company

I have a 2008 and 2010. I can throw in a small bit of my personal stock of 2008 for the experience if you ever order something from WPTC :)

I’ve actually had 3 2008 yabao’s, but I dont think two of them were properly aged. If you store it in an airtight container or package, you stop the aging process.

That’s very nice of you. Perhaps I will be placing an order soon. :-D

Comments

Whispering Pines Tea Company

CharlotteZero

Interesting. Sounds delicious! How old are the aged yabaos you have tasted?

That’s very nice of you. Perhaps I will be placing an order soon. :-D

Tea means so many things to me, it is so deep and it is revealing new meaning to me all the time.

Tea is a mindfulness practice, and a doorway through which to explore different philosophies, cultures, and historical times. Tea is hospitality and a way of communion. Tea is an art, a ritual, and a tradition. Tea is a complement to the foods I eat (preferably vegan desserts) and is something I enjoy collecting and curating.

I love to swap, or even just send people samples, so if there’s anything in my cupboard you’d like to try, just send me a message!

San Francisco Bay Area