The dry leaf smell was so promising for this tea. It immediately brought back memories of having strawberry ice cream. The brewed cup doesn’t smell too bad either, although the creaminess is gone and it’s more like strawberry syrup. However, the flavor of this tea is not to my liking. It’s very woody. It almost reminds me of like a mesquite flavor or something. I don’t know…It’s making me remember flavors from barbecue or something cooked on a wood plank. Regardless, it’s definitely not a flavor I enjoy with strawberry ice cream.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 5 tsp 24 OZ / 709 ML

wonder if you got a reblend…. i adored this one when i first picked it up

CharlotteZero

I did pick this up pretty recently…I tried this after reading another recent tasting note (from AmazonV), but I thought I’d disagree with her rating, as I tend to like 52teas blends more than she does.

…bah… that’s why i stopped buying reblends. sigh i suspect that the first version was deliciously more yummy. lol i loved the crap out of that version, got none of the weird tastings you seem to have hit :(

Comments

wonder if you got a reblend…. i adored this one when i first picked it up

CharlotteZero

Tea means so many things to me, it is so deep and it is revealing new meaning to me all the time.

Tea is a mindfulness practice, and a doorway through which to explore different philosophies, cultures, and historical times. Tea is hospitality and a way of communion. Tea is an art, a ritual, and a tradition. Tea is a complement to the foods I eat (preferably vegan desserts) and is something I enjoy collecting and curating.

I love to swap, or even just send people samples, so if there’s anything in my cupboard you’d like to try, just send me a message!

San Francisco Bay Area