I realize this is Lupicia’s number one best selling tea of all time, but I’m just not that impressed.

Those Japanese peaches must be well-loved though because they’re used in at least three teas in my sampler kit, including black, green, and now oolong.

But anyway, the Momo Oolong Super Grade definitely has a strong, sweet scent of peaches. But the scent is much stronger than the flavor. It was misleading. I expected to be hit by a wave of peach flavor from the aroma it gave off while steeping. But I was surprised to learn that wasn’t the case.

However, the peach flavor is strong enough that it kind of masks the flavor of the oolong, which is almost bitter.

I realize that I’m being quite critical of this tea. It’s not bad by any stretch of the imagination. It’s just not a favorite of mine. I like the Golden Osmanthus oolong tea better than this one.

Perhaps I’m just missing the bandwagon with this tea, but I suppose I’ve never been a huge peach lover either.