Finishing off the sample, and it still tastes weird. This time around I used hotter water and a little longer steeping time. But I could barely finish the cup and didn’t go for a re-steep. The fiancé concurred that it tasted weird.

Dried fake baby food is not my cup of tea. Lowering the rating from 70 to 66. I guess I’m not a fan of Osmanthus. :-/

Ninavampi

I was just given a large bag of Osmanthus flower petals as a gift from my Dad (he bought it from the tea store in China).

It smelled delicious. A lot like honey. The taste, alone, not so much. It took will power to finish that cup… Since then I have been mixing it with other teas and it does better that way.

Baby food as a tea does not sound appetizing…

CHAroma

I think it is only me that connects the taste to fake baby food. See my other note for the story there. Most people enjoy the floral flavor, so don’t be deterred by me! :)

Comments

Ninavampi

Baby food as a tea does not sound appetizing…

CHAroma

Entering the sweet blissful world of tea aromas!

Maryland, USA