drank French Vanilla Assam by 52teas

52teas 12 Days of Christmas Sampler 2011 – Day 8

My days have been filled with wedding planning, Google searches for venues, and e-mails to vendors. EEEEK!! I’m so excited!! I’ve done a complete makeover. I dyed my hair dark brown almost black, have practiced curling and styling it, ate lettuce and carrots for about two weeks, and consequently lost eight pounds over a month.

As for this tea, I think I used too little leaf. It’s a bit watery. I’m not getting a whole lot of flavor, let alone vanilla flavor. Hopefully there’s enough leaf leftover for a re-brew. I’ll be right back!

As soon as I poured the boiling water over the leaves, two giant cornflowers rose right to the top fully open. I added almond milk and Truvia. I’m definitely getting a LOT more vanilla in this second cup.

However, something in the aroma and taste is a little off. I can’t describe it any other way. I’m guessing it’s the black tea base. I’ve never really been a fan of Assam.

I’ve already had a lot of caffeine today, and it’s 6:00pm. So, I think I’ll call it quits for tonight. This tea is just mediocre for me. Although I’m sure if you love vanilla and assam, you’d love this!