I’ve been looking forward to this one. This makes my second oolong ever, and I’m very excited to explore this ‘new’ type of tea. :)

Opening the bag, my eyes nearly rolled back into my head, haha. If this isn’t what heaven smells like, then … Yeah, I just can’t. Wow. Words … can’t describe.

Very excitedly scooped some leaf (and nice chunks of actual pecans!!) into my infuser, set the timer, and very impatiently waited.

It was worth the wait. To say it nice and quick: MMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!! OM NOM NOM NOM.

It tastes far far better than I expected. The pecans steeped well with the tea, and the maple is to die for. It almost has a hint of salt in the taste too, sort of like those salted caramel drinks/treats you can purchase in Autumn.

I have to refrain from just guzzling this delicious tea right down so I can start on a second infusion, hehe.

Next order, I’m going to order the base of this, Nilgiri Frost. It tastes delicious with the flavors, and I’m very excited to taste this tea in its natural state as well.

Thanks very much for the delicious, Stacy! :) This tea has made me even more excited to get into oolongs than before!

EDIT: This tea makes an excellent dessert buster! At the first few sips, I was thinking ‘One of those Rocky Road Bars left over from that family reunion thing would go so well with this!’ but as I continued sipping, I felt more than satisfied. While I enjoyed the cup to the last drop, I certainly didn’t feel the need for the rocky road bar any longer. xD

Tealizzy

This is exactly how I reacted. I think it was my second oolong too, and it got me interested in trying more oolongs and the base of this one as well! So good!!

OMGsrsly

Another tea on my “to order” list! :)

@OMGsrsly

Do EET :D You won’t regret it, trust me. Especially if you like maple or sweet&salty things. :)

OMGsrsly

I think I’m going to have to wait for my birthday money before I place another tea order! But Butiki is next on my list, since they have some neat flavours as well as unflavoured teas.

Rachel J

Just ordered some of this today. So excited!

Chizakura

Ooh! Hope you enjoy it! :) It’s so good. I’ve had a few different flavored oolongs now, and this puts the others to shame.

Rachel J

I got the Almond Indulgence black too. I’m not really even into flavored tea, but these two sounded too good to not try.

Chizakura

I haven’t tried Almond Indulgence, but based on my experiences with Butiki so far I’m sure it’s also a winner. :) I know what you mean about flavored. It probably looks like I rarely drink any straight teaa based on my notes, but it’s really the opposite. xD; I just get excited and try a huge variety of flavored, but most days out of around 5 cups of tea, I don’t even make one flavored.

Comments

Tealizzy

OMGsrsly

Another tea on my “to order” list! :)

@OMGsrsly

Rachel J

Just ordered some of this today. So excited!

Chizakura

Hello! I’m a 24 year old Canadian, currently working at Starbucks while I figure out what I want to do with myself in life, haha.

Like most everyone else, I grew up with teabags, and then discovered the grass really WAS greener on the other side with loose leaf. Nowadays I drink nearly exclusively loose, but will drink a bagged tea if I don’t care what I’m having.

My favorite kind of tea is black, and unflavored, although I do enjoy an occasional dessert black. I like whites second best. I’ve recently been dipping my toes into honeybush tisanes, greens and oolongs.

My favorite vendors are Butiki Teas and Verdant Teas. Both have fantastic teas, above and beyond customer service (especially Butiki), and fair prices for their very high quality teas. I can’t recommend them enough.

Purely for tasting notes references, I don’t use any additives for my teas. Older tasting notes for blacks was with milk+sugar, and then with just milk. Whites, oolongs, greens and herbals are all drunk straight unless otherwise specified in the notes.

Canada