How i got it: Found some old teabags at my parent’s house

Experience: I’m not really a fan of vanilla, but i do like this combination. The resulting aroma is very enjoyable, and the flavor is almost as good. The touches of vanilla and caramel are very pronounced and clear, leaving the tea behind, but still perceptible if one makes an effort to find it. I’d say good enough.

Would i buy it?: I’m in doubt with this one. Maybe if i am in a mood for sweets and i don’t have other option at the moment, it could be.

I’m from Chile, so that’s the reason of the weird english you’ll see in my comments from time to time hehehe…

I usually don’t include the details about brewing, but in case you wonder, i use the most common parameters (2g (~0.07oz) tea, 3 mins average, 100-80°C (212-176°F) depending of the type of tea).

Black teas are my favorite (pure and scented), but i also enjoy greens from time to time. My current project is trying all the basic types of pure black tea (loose leaf, i’m not counting my bagged tea here, hehe). My progress:

Tried:

- Nilgiri
- Keemun
- Darjeeling
- Sikkim

Here in Santiago de Chile, i have access to tea by companies like Whittard, Zoe!, Lipton, Twinings, Dilmah and Basilur, in addition to national companies like Te Club, La Teteria or Te Supremo, so i’ll be writing mainly about these. In practice, however, i’ll register every new experience with the less known teas i’m finding from time to time, too.

Note: I just write one tealog by tea, so i try to keep them always updated as i drink to get a more accurate description.

Tea Rating Categories:
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

91-100: Exceptional tea. For some reason, it has impressed me. From now on, a must have in my cupboard.

81-90: Good tea. Maybe not outstanding, but it has something special. I would get some of this tea again.

71-80: Average. Not bad at all, but it could be better. Maybe i’ll think a bit before getting this tea again.

61-70: Under Average tea. Still tastes like tea, but doesn’t have much merit. Probably, i’m thinking from moving on from this to try other options.

31-60: Bad tea. This is when the road begins to go down. Not good, but not undrinkable. I have better options to buy than this.

0-30: Nearly undrinkable or undrinkable “tea”. I don’t know how i got to drink this, but clearly that was a mistake (or i am punishing myself for some reason). Any thought of buying this has vanished from my mind, forever.

Santiago, Chile