The scent of the tea itself is a classic oolong, with a strong, creamy, melted-buttery goodness. I like to brew it hot and strong, and only drink it once the leaves have all unfurled. The “milk oolong” flavor is not overpowering, it is delicate and perfectly balanced. This is a great tea.

Flavors: Butter, Cream

Born in Montreal, Canada- studied and lived in both California, and mainland China. I speak English, French, and Mandarin Chinese.

I drink tea, study tea, write about tea, touch tea, and work (at Tealyra!) with tea- all day. My hands are matcha-stained.

I have lived in China- and had the opportunity to drink the most incredible orthodox teas, traveled to Yunnan and browse pu’erh shops, and even made my own small batch Japanese green tea outside of Kyoto, Japan.

I think my initial love of tea is rooted in childhood memories with my Grandmama sipping honey-sweetened tisane. My appreciation for all things Camelia Sinensis has grown and matured since those fruity tisane childhood days.

Likes : Oolong (especially true milk oolong), Japanese teas, and pu’erh. I appreciate most teas and herbal infusions.

Dislikes : licorice, fennel, too-much ginger, too-much hibiscus.

Self-proclaimed lover of tea: passionate about Jesus, people, traveling, I love music, fragrance and good food.

I work for Tealyra (used to be named Tealux), so I am blessed to have access to some of the best teas in the world daily! I am hoping to become a Certified Tea Sommelier shortly.

Montreal, Canada