After waking up to a heavy frost and a chilly house, Winter Blend is an appropriate choice. Needless to say, heating the kettle was my first action this morning.
This is truly a “comfort tea”. The orange and apple are fruity and evident. The cinnamon is there but does not announce. The least of the flavors, the rose and nuttiness, just make it a nice well rounded blend.
Great without milk or sugar, but add that in and it’s excellent as well.

In my shop I call this Orange Spice, as I frequently have customers asking for a blend with orange. This satisfies and is reminiscent of Constant Comment only kicked up several notches in flavor.

ColumbiaKate

Another reason I changed the name is that customers wouldn’t buy Winter Blendt year round.
I have a blend of Mulling Spices from Monterey Bay that I like to add to this blend on occasion, just to give it a more intense flavor. The mulling spices are nice in other tea blends a well. Mostly fruity flavored tea.

Comments

ColumbiaKate

Columbia Kate’s Teahouse

Set in an 1880’s period barn in historic Columbia, A State Park, CA, our focus is in providing both an education in the Art of Afternoon Tea while offering a pleasant atmosphere and great food.
Opened Feb 1, 2007
Now open 7 days/wk

Free shipping on tea

My Tea on Steepster

To Trade Tea Tastings, followers may contact me at [email protected]

Tea lines from my Tea Cart Shopping cart, linked above for descriptions.
Art of Tea:
Plum Oolong
Adagio:
Berry Blast, Thai Chai, White Symphony, Mocha Nut Mate.
H&S:
Paris, Hot Cinnamon Spice Black, Hot Cinnamon Spice Rooibos, White Wedding.
Rishi:
Coconut Oolong, Puerh Ginger.
D&B:
Organic Sencha, Organic Gunpowder
Republic of Tea:
Blackberry Sage, Seabuckthorn Green,
Ginger Peach.
Petali:
Royal Irish, Supreme Earl Grey.
Monterey Bay Spice:
Gold Rush, Orange Spice(Winter Blend), Rooibos Masala Chai, Rooibos Chocolate Chai, Pineapple Papaya Green.
Eastern Shore:
Della Robbia, Plum Good, Rosemary Hill, Peace.
All others on the Tea Cart are Metropolitan.

Follow Columbia Kate’s on Facebook.

22727 Columbia ST, Columbia, CA 95310