drank Fantasy Island by DAVIDsTEA

Well today I made a quick trip to DavidsTea (even though I told myself I had to study and couldn’t go until I was finished writing exams). They didn’t have a lot of what I was looking for today but they had me smell Fantasy Island, which I could’ve swore I already had in my cupboard. Regardless I picked up a small package of it. Of course I just went to brew some up – low and behold, there is another package in my cupboard!

It’s just steeping away now. Hmm, halfway through this mug I’m not completely sold. It smells so great dry (my other half said the scent reminded him of Dominican) and pretty darn good steeped but…the taste doesn’t match the smell. Every time I take a sip the smell hits my nose first and I feel like I’m on a tropical island, but once it hits my mouth – not so much. It seems a little lacking in flavour. I will have to try some cold before I give this one a rating.

Update: Yesterday I tried Fantasy Island and wasn’t over the moon about it. I’m just boiling the kettle now, and I’ll steep it a little longer (I tried 4 minutes yesterday) to try it as an iced tea. I’ll put an update once it’s nice and cold!

Update: Well I much prefer it as a cold/iced tea. Still more to the smell than the taste but a definite improvement over yesterday’s hot version!