drank Tung Ting Vietnam by DAVIDsTEA

So I’ve tried 4-5 oolongs now from DavidsTea. All of them flavoured of some sort. And I didn’t enjoy any of them. Agh frustration. So tonight on my trip to DavidsTea I picked up this one to determine if it was the flavours OR the actual underlying oolong tea I wasn’t loving. So here goes.

YES! This one I’m enjoying. It’s certainly got a distinct taste, but I am liking that. PHEW. I was worried there for a moment it was the oolong. And I bought 2 more flavoured oolongs tonight as well (Vanilla Orchid and Happy Kombucha) so perhaps I will enjoy those. Or perhaps for me it will be unflavoured oolongs. I’ll keep you posted.

2nd steep just as delish :)

Cavocorax

I have this one too! Can’t wait to try it. I’ve definitely developed a taste for oolongs, although I just brew it western style.

Hope you enjoy the others.

Courtney

What’s considered western style brewing? I definitely recommend it!

Cavocorax

Western style is steeping oolong for several minutes, as opposed to steeping it gong fu style where you don’t for 30s, then 40s, then 50s, etc. I haven’t done it but apparently each infusion tastes subtly different.

*do it, not don’t.

Comments

Cavocorax

Hope you enjoy the others.

Courtney

What’s considered western style brewing? I definitely recommend it!

*do it, not don’t.

That’s my mug! I may have a slight love of Star Trek.

Likes: