drank Read My Lips by DAVIDsTEA

So I went to Davids today. Again. And I picked up this one, even thought I’m not fond of chocolate. Also I picked up 2 pu’erhs. I have no idea how to drink them – and they’re brand new, not even on the website yet! Aloha and Berry Good. Can anyone give any advice or suggestions on how to properly drink a pu’erh?

This one smells pretty good. Everything seems pretty evenly distributed. Mint chocolate for sure. I did enjoy the red lip sprinkles mixed in haha. This is pretty smooth, a really nice drink, but not my cup of tea. My BFF would love this one – anything chocolate works for her!

KittyLovesTea

Those Pu Erh blends sound nice. For loose leaf Pu Erh blends I brew them similar to a black tea blend. There is no need to pre rinse them or do anything fancy (imo) so just use 1 – 1 half tea spoons per cup and you should find they re steep well. Perhaps 2 – 3 minute steeps to test it’s strength at first.
If Pu Erh is in a cake form then it should be treated differently. :)

Courtney

Thanks! Perhaps I’ll try one out this evening :)

Shmiracles

hey i just had my first true pu-erh! the only other pu-erh i’ve ever had is davidstea Chocolate Orange. which i love. and i plan to get the pu-erh box from davidstea. very excited.
ALSO i finished my last cup of Read My Lips today! and i’m struggling to not place an order immediately for more. though i AM fond of chocolate in teas yessiree.

Comments

KittyLovesTea

If Pu Erh is in a cake form then it should be treated differently. :)

Courtney

Thanks! Perhaps I’ll try one out this evening :)

Shmiracles

That’s my mug! I may have a slight love of Star Trek.

Likes: