drank Green and Fruity by DAVIDsTEA

I smell that familiar “alcohol” scent I’ve been finding with the rooibos. Not good. I picked up some Green Rooibos from Davids and have yet to try it. Hopefully I’ll enjoy that one.

Perhaps if I add some honey to these different rooibos I’m trying it would help?

This one would be delicious were it not for that bizarre “alcohol” taste. Does anyone know what that is/had a similar experience? I didn’t find much information when I googled it.

Nicole

Not alcohol per se but to me rooibos always tastes like medicine. I haven’t found a way to disguise the taste yet. Some blends are better than others at masking it.

MissLena

How long do you steep for? I usually do 5 mins for all my rooibos and i haven’t noticed anything like that, I might not pay attention enough to the rooibos smell though :)

Courtney

I have been doing 4 minutes MissLena12 for fear of over-steeping it. Yes perhaps more medicinal Nicole. It’s really bothering me because I can taste the good tastes underneath but that is ruining it for me. The only ones I can handle thus far have been Orange Blossom and Alpine Punch. But one cup is more than enough, after that the scent turns me off.

MissLena

Hmm interesting, well I saw you enjoyed the plain green at least, so maybe it’s a flavoring clash of some sort, happy you liked the plain! It’s very fresh and different but good :D

Comments

Nicole

Courtney

MissLena

That’s my mug! I may have a slight love of Star Trek.

Likes: