drank Coconut Oolong by DAVIDsTEA

OMG I’m so excited! I could hardly wait to go to David’s. I ever so impatiently, sat through my lab, watching every minute tick by on the clock agonizingly slowly, until finally I was free! Then I raced to my car and drove across the city to David’s to pick up all the new teas and my awesome new purple elephant mug. I don’t know what it is about the mugs with creatures on the inside but I love it. Hence why I couldn’t resist picking this little treasure up and why my other Perfect Mug has blue birds, clearly with birds on the inside as well.

This one smells heavenly. They all smell amazing actually. But I could hardly keep it together driving from the David’s to my house. It’s only a short drive but my mind was whirling with steeping times and temperatures and calculations for just how soon I could be tasting all my new teas. Gah!

This one brews up a nice pale yellow, typically oolong colour. I can smell both the coconut and oolong evenly. Ah yes. Now if it would just cool down enough to drink!

This one is balanced perfectly. Sometimes I wonder how they do it. It’s just right. I imagine people who aren’t too fond of coconut may actually enjoy this one as well. It’s not in-your-face. It’s smooth. Very smooth. It’s a keeper.

Also this is my 150 tasting note :)

Shmiracles

i’m so excited for you! i wanna go home and drink oolongs now too!

whatshesaid

I’m going to drink this after supper!! I didn’t get the mug :( but now I regret it because it was damn cute. I spent $30 on tea instead. Wahhhh.

Courtney

Shmiracles – I love oolongs!

whatshesaid – Oh yes, I was bad and bought both the mug and tea. But only $20 worth of tea as a compromise haha :)

Cavocorax

I ADORE zen tea’s coconut oolong so I grabbed 20g of this to compare. I think it’s slightly cheaper than I’m already paying, and… I can get free tins! :O Glad you liked it!

I wanted the purple elephant mug, but I’m going to hold off a little bit. Possible cross-country move and all that means I should probably hold off on buying ‘stuff’. :|

Courtney

Oh yes, I understand. We’re doing that next year. Well cross-country or one province over, dependant on schools and jobs. But this one was so good! I usually only buy 10g to try then go back for more but I picked up 40g and broke all the rules haha!

whatshesaid

Me too!! 40g because 50 didn’t fit in the bag, weird! I knew immediately upon smelling it that i had to have it

jessiwrites

GAH. I can’t wait to try this one.

Courtney

I’ll be dropping them in the post for you tomorrow :) I would tonight but I have too much homework and it’s snowing haha.

CrowKettle

Congratulations! I love the new purple elephant mug but I can’t justify picking up anymore cups.

Comments

Shmiracles

i’m so excited for you! i wanna go home and drink oolongs now too!

Courtney

Shmiracles – I love oolongs!

Cavocorax

jessiwrites

GAH. I can’t wait to try this one.

CrowKettle

That’s my mug! I may have a slight love of Star Trek.

Likes: