drank Bollywood Chai by DAVIDsTEA

I went to David’s today to refill some of my herbal stash since they’re all getting low and I decided to pick up 10g of this, despite my “meh” feel about chai teas. It may be wise to take this tea note with a grain of salt considering my limited experience in the chai department.

This has a creamy texture to it that I wasn’t expecting. I can taste the fennel and peppercorns and a sweetness that must be the “candied fennel”. The peppercorn scent reminded me of Hot Lips, hence the reason I picked this up. I do so love Hot Lips. The cardamom adds a nice flavour as well. I’m not too sure I can taste the ginger – thank goodness, I don’t care for ginger at all – or the vanilla flavouring. I’m thinking the cardamom and cinnamon blend together, so I’ll say I can taste the cinnamon too.

Overall, the ingredients listed can all be tasted in this tea (with the exception of the ginger, though that could just be me). I’m really enjoying my cup of it but I don’t think I’ll keep it on hand regularly – perhaps every so often when the mood strikes me I’ll pick up another 10g.