drank White Christmas by 52teas

This was a sample jessiwrites sent my way, to add to my awesome collection of samples she sends.

I really only like mint when I’ve got an upset stomach but the review jessiwrites wrote on this really intrigued me. So today I made a cup and actually ended up pouring it out – not because it was bad, because being in an envelope for a week with other teas had given it a very maple-y scent that made me feel nauseous.

However, once I got a chance to make a resteep the maple-y scent had worn off and I could actually smell the tea itself. Yum. I’m really impressed with the resteep – I actually have to keep reminding myself it is a resteep.

The black base works really well here and the mint is not overpowering at all thanks to the marshmallow root. The marshmallow root also gives this tea a subtle sweetness. This tea is really quite awesome, I’d actually consider keeping this in my cupboard, only that isn’t an option. Darn!

jessiwrites