I saw this neat discussion on Russian Tea and I thought I’d give it a go with some strawberry jam in my Kusmi Russian Morning No. 24. Here’s the link to the discussion.

I do so love the few Kusmi black teas I’ve had the opportunity to try. This black tea is nice and strong, perfect for a bold wake-up tea. Upon seeing this discussion I thought of the strawberry jam sitting in my fridge, just waiting to be used up.

I brewed up my tea normally, then added a dollop of jam and swirled it around. It’s actual quite nice! I didn’t know what to expect. The boldness of the black is ever so slightly diminished but not in a bad way, and the jam flavour lends a sweetness that’s different than adding sugar. I’m not one for overly sweet and the jam seems to be great here and not too sweet at all.

This is a fascinating way to have tea! I’ll have to keep it in mind for when I enjoy this tea next.

jessiwrites

I’ve never heard of adding jam before! That sounds like a great way to drink a breakfast tea.

Totally buying some Saskatoon Berry jam to try that out.

Courtney