I think perhaps it’s me, and that maple is somehow hard-wired into my taste buds? Both this and Blueberry Crumble were overwhelmingly maple scented and tasting! What’s up with that?

I let this cool and the maple certainly wore off somewhat. I want it to be pineapple though! Should I be steeping this longer or shorter? Different temperatures perhaps?

Update April 16/13: Everyone raves about this tea so I had to try it again. What am I missing? It still smells overwhelmingly of maple. Maybe I’m getting a cake taste? When it was still piping hot I think I caught a hint of pineapple, but not as it cools. I was so hopeful for something delicious here. Darn.

Anyone interested in swapping? I’ve got a few cups worth of a few different Della Terra’s and David’s blends I posted on the swap discussions.

Cavocorax

I find that a lot of Della Terra teas are best steeped between 2.5-3 minutes. But that just might be me.