drank Grand Cru Matcha by DAVIDsTEA

This morning I decided to try out a coconut matcha waffle recipe I discovered on Pinterest. I was a little wary but, it never hurts to try, right?

I substituted the coconut flour for regular non-bleached flour and make a pancake instead of a waffle since we haven’t gotten a new waffle iron yet. I’m sure the coconut flour would’ve made a slightly nicer consistency but I wasn’t planning on running out before breakfast on a Sunday morning. I’m thrilled to say it’s quite delicious (though it certainly won’t win any awards for aesthetic beauty haha). The matcha taste is very clear and with a little butter and syrup this pancake is quite amazing.

Here’s the recipe if anyone else wants to give it a go: http://www.living-mint-green.com/2013/03/14/coconut-matcha-waffle/

Lala