Hide

Welcome to Steepster, an online tea community.

Write a tea journal, see what others are drinking and get recommendations from people you trust. or Learn More

drank Monkey Chops by Bluebird Tea Co.
570 tasting notes

Thanks jessiwrites for sending me so many tea samples!

This tea is quite lovely. The black base is strong, yet not overpowering the other ingredients. There’s certainly a hint of vanilla and banana. The banana is very subtle, but it’s there. The subtlety of the banana could also be the reason there’s no fakeness to the taste. I’d consider ordering this tea for myself.

Aimee Popovacki

that sounds soo cool!

Tea Sipper

I just thought of ordering some Bluebird teas.. no! I can’t! :D

Login or sign up to leave a comment.

People who liked this

Comments

Aimee Popovacki

that sounds soo cool!

Tea Sipper

I just thought of ordering some Bluebird teas.. no! I can’t! :D

Login or sign up to leave a comment.

Profile

Bio

Lover of tea, animals, the ocean (http://eastcoastbest.tumblr.com/), travel, science, and all things summer.

That’s my mug! I may have a slight love of Star Trek.

I love black teas. I pretty well always drink my tea straight. I’m also fond of herbals, but they rarely make my permanent collection. I prefer my tea hot, but occasionally I’ll cold brew.

Oolongs I enjoy, but I’m not always in the mood for them. Greens and pu’erhs I’m working on, but they’re coming along at a snail’s pace. Whites have to be pretty amazing (see Butiki’s White Rhino). Rooibos/honeybush have to be well hidden for me to enjoy them. Mates and are not for me at all.

Likes:
Coconut, creaminess, yogurt, toffee, cacao (true chocolate flavour), rhubarb, to be continued…

Dislikes:
Any smokiness, bergamot, flowers (rose, jasmine, chamomile), hibiscus is hit and miss, to be continued…

Location

Canada

Following These People