I had this as a soy latte this morning. I haven’t had matcha in months and months, gah! I’m also trying hard to acquire a taste for soy milk, since regular milk has been hard on my stomach the last few months :(

This matcha soy latte was a success on all fronts. This is my least favourite matcha in my cupboard, albeit still yummy, and combined with the soy milk it made for a delicious drink.

I got to enjoy this whilst lazing on the couch reading some fan fiction. This is important because I work every Saturday, and this is one of the very few I’ve taken off for my friends wedding, and also because my fiance is working today. I have the house to myself for a few hours, on a Saturday – yay!

Stephanie

Are you lactose intolerant? I am!

Courtney

I’m not! I can eat cheese and yogurt, albeit infrequently – but there’s something about milk just in the last few months that’s really been upsetting my stomach. I’m not a huge milk fan, but I pretty much live off cereal and I’m having a real problem with soy milk on cereal – even the thought of it makes me feel ill. Any suggestions?

Stephanie

Yogurt doesn’t bother my lactose intolerance, neither does cheddar and certain hard cheeses. Mozzarella, cream cheese, and other soft cheeses will bother me, as well as milk. I like the taste of almond milk better than soy, so you might give that a try (blue diamond is best)! Also kefir is closer to yogurt than milk and might be good on cereal. I usually eat my granola type cereal with yogurt, myself :)

Courtney

I appreciate the suggestions. I do not care for almond milk, or almonds haha. I don’t find mozzarella bothersome, so I’m really not sure it’s a lactose intolerance. I’ll be looking into kefir for sure though. Thanks!

Lynxiebrat

I love the softer cheeses, though somethings can be really hit or miss with milk products. Almond milk I love…though not in tea usually. Agreed on Blue Diamond being the best, I tried a Almond & Coconut blend not to long ago….it’s interesting. Not completely sold on coconut milk yet.

Also Look for Lactaid like products. (Not necessarily the brand Lactaid, they can be $$.) Kroger has a Lactaid like milk out, regular, vanilla and chocolate. All are yummy!

I think LI hits everyone differently, on what will affect them. Sometimes I can drink a glass or 2 of regular milk and not have a problem, or put in my cereal or dunk cookies in it. Other times, I’m cramping up and have to make a mad dash.

Comments

Stephanie

Are you lactose intolerant? I am!

Lynxiebrat

That’s my mug! I may have a slight love of Star Trek.

Likes:
Coconut, creaminess, yogurt, toffee, cacao (true chocolate flavour), rhubarb.

Dislikes: