This was a sample in my recent Herbal Infusions order, woot.

I’m really not big on citrus teas. I’m finding I’m exceedingly picky when it comes to fruit and tea. Anything fake it a deal breaker. Upon smelling this one, I was a little wary but I couldn’t just not try it haha.

So I brewed it up, and surprisingly it’s really not so bad. There is no fakeness or overwhelming sickening sweetness. In fact, it’s almost low on flavour, but to be honest I’d rather low true flavour than more fake flavour. There is a hint of almost carbonation of the end of the sip from the grapefruit and eucalyptus mix which is fascinating. I have a feeling this one would be even better iced. Perhaps I’ll use the rest of my sample to cold brew.

Update: This one IS much better cold. I just poured the rest of my mug into a cup and put it in the fridge rather than cold brewing. The grapefruit really shines as a cold tea.