drank Coconut Cream Pie by 52teas

The scent when I open this bag was a little overwhelming, but the steeped tea actually turned out pretty tasty.

I’ve been a little wary of 52Teas because I don’t find the black tea base to be my cup of tea, but I noticed someone mention the other day that these blends are best brewed just below boiling, rather than at boiling, so I tried that out this evening. I am quite pleased with the results.

The coconut is here, but not overwhelming like the scent, and the black tea base isn’t overtaking the flavour or lacking. I do think I prefer is hot rather than as it cools.

VariaTEA

I have some of this on the way and I am excited to try it and other 52 teas! The package just arrived to my Dad in California so it will be coming my way soon!

Angrboda

I tend to brew all flavoured black teas at below boiling regardless of brand. I find the flavouring often comes out better that way. Kusmi’s black flavoured blends actually have a below boiling recommendation on them.

Comments

VariaTEA

Angrboda

That’s my mug! I may have a slight love of Star Trek.

Likes: