Thanks Dexter3657!

I wasn’t quite sure if I was in an oolong mood, but I took the leap anyway. I’m writing up a term lab report and just finishing up compiling my data now. It’s always a good idea to have an inspirational oolong when writing long reports.

Freshly steeped, this one smelled almost overwhelmingly vegetal. Somewhat impatiently, I waited for this to be cool enough to drink and was pleasantly surprised. I’m halfway through my cup now and it’s creamy with maybe the most subtle hint of spiciness and vanilla. That’s sounds bizarre, but that’s what my taste buds are telling me. I’m looking forward to subsequent steeps.

1st steep – 2 tsp. @ ~208 F for 1 min.
2nd steep – 2 mins. — The steeped scent is much more floral this time around.