drank Puerh Tuo Cha by Butiki Teas

This has been hidden away in my sample drawer since my Butiki order from Black Friday. I generally get irritated by samples sitting in my drawer because I’m hyper organized and for some reason, these things bother me, so I have been sipping away at my samples.

This one sat in there for a while because I was a little afraid of it. But alas, it was time to face my pu’erh fears. In hindsight, I probably should just trust that Butiki will never lead me astray.

I was also so concerned with taking pictures of each moment of the pu’erh experience, I forgot to hit start on the microwave timer, but it turned out just fine, thank goodness.

There is definitely that taste that made me fear pu’erh, and in my initial sips, my first thought was to say it was ‘fishy’, but I actually think it qualifies more as ‘earthy’. Perhaps if I further my pu’erh experience I’ll know for sure. I’m just over halfway done the cup, mostly because I was chatting with my BFF for the last hour since we never get a chance to chat on the phone. I’m quite happy with this. The ‘earthy’ flavour I think could be something I could get on board with. It seems like partly an acquired taste, and partly not. The tea itself seems clean, with some depth (which, really could just be the dark colour of the liquid haha!). Ahh, Butiki. I can always count on you.

Cavocorax

I get annoyed by little random baggies of tea. :P I try to drink them down just to tidy them down, but I use the excuse that I’m just trying to enjoy them before they go stale. :P

Sounds interesting!

Courtney

Haha thank goodness it isn’t just me. :P

Comments

Cavocorax

Sounds interesting!

Courtney

Haha thank goodness it isn’t just me. :P

That’s my mug! I may have a slight love of Star Trek.

Likes: