I was sick to my stomach yesterday, but I had to drag myself into school for a group meeting for a debate we have to present today. I managed to survive with a sleeve of crackers, and I only just made it back to my house in time. Ugh.

This morning I’m feeling slightly better, so I’m hoping it was a 24 hour bug. I couldn’t really decide what tea would be best on my stomach, and this one probably wasn’t the best choice, but I was excited to try it.

The strawberry cream scent really comes through, although it’s smelling slightly fake to me. Hopefully that particular part of the scent doesn’t come through to the taste. The general cacao scent is also there, which makes me feel a little better about this cup.

Thank goodness the taste comes through more ‘true’ than fake, although that scent is slightly off-putting. The cacao is prominent here with a creaminess and then the strawberry flavour towards the end of the sip. To be quite honest, I’d almost just prefer a cacao cream. The creaminess is a delightful, but I’m thinking perhaps the strawberry could use a bit of perfecting.

This one was good hot, but I’m thinking it’s even better as it cools. As are all the cacao teas I’ve had haha.

Thanks for sharing VariaTEA!

Yvonne

Oh no, sorry about your day…I’m glad everything worked out in the end, and that you made it back to your house! So happy to hear you’re feeling better today as well, stomach bugs aren’t fun.

Oh man – I absolutely NEED to try this. This sounds amazing!

caile

Glad you’re starting to feel better!

Lynxiebrat

Several really nasty flu viruses are going around, if it isn’t against your beliefs, get a flu shot. As for the tea, I really wish that I could find a chocolate tea that I really like but so far no go.

Comments

Yvonne

Oh man – I absolutely NEED to try this. This sounds amazing!

caile

Glad you’re starting to feel better!

Lynxiebrat

That’s my mug! I may have a slight love of Star Trek.

Likes: