This one turned out perfectly this morning. The lower temperature really is the key I find. This one has been finicky for me in the past, but when it works out I absolutely love it. I’ll definitely be ordering the reblend, and possibly more of this one before it’s gone. Does anyone know when this blend is on it’s way out?

Also, this is my first tasting note to check out the upgrade and all these options are handy! The amount of tea and water volume are a delight.

Flavors: Cream

205 °F / 96 °C 3 min, 0 sec 15 OZ / 443 ML
Stephanie

Don’t give me the rest of yours then! Keeeep it :)

Courtney

I so rarely reach for it, I was searching for a perfect replacement for Taiwanese Wild Mountain for my morning cup, and then it steeped up so perfectly. :)

keychange

I didn’t know Stacey was reblending this. Any idea what she hopes to do differently?

Courtney

I’m really not sure keychange – here is the link to her note on some upcoming changes :) http://steepster.com/butikiteas/posts/218750#comments

Butiki Teas

The current batch is already gone. I really like the flavor combination but I think this tea is really too picky and perhaps a little too aggressive for most people so I will be looking for a more agreeable base. I’m still undecided whether I want to choose another black tea or perhaps take it in a different direction. We just got in another Assam (not the Hattialli) but one that is similar to our Dinjoye but even more chocolatey. I will be trying that as a base and a few other teas as well. We are always open to suggestions.

Courtney

Ooh that base sounds like it could be tasty. I look forward to whatever you come up with, I’m sure it’ll be delicious. I personally love black teas, so I’m all for a black base haha.

Butiki Teas

That new Assam could be a winner. I’m definitely picturing it now and also possibly our Keemun which is a pretty gentle black tea though I was also thinking about maybe trying it as a white tea.

Courtney

I’m all for the Assam. :) Although both your Cantaloupe & Cream and Watermelon Xylophone are quite tasty with the white base. I don’t think I’ve ever had a Keemun tea – does that have a smoky element to it?

Butiki Teas

This particular type of Keemun is not smokey. Its actually somewhat sweet.

Courtney

The all sounds promising. I can’t wait to see what you end up choosing, I’m already planning out my next order.

Butiki Teas

Good to hear that they all sound promising. :)

Comments

Stephanie

Don’t give me the rest of yours then! Keeeep it :)

keychange

Butiki Teas

This particular type of Keemun is not smokey. Its actually somewhat sweet.

Butiki Teas

Good to hear that they all sound promising. :)

That’s my mug! I may have a slight love of Star Trek.

Likes: