drank White Rhino by Butiki Teas

This is both my 400th tasting note, and a sipdown (well, until both my Butiki order and Shadowfall stash sale arrive).

This tea is such a delight. There’s a nice thick mouthfeel that’s both creamy and malty. I love creamy teas. I’m also getting the hay flavour. And of course that natural sweetness, which is very subtle, and not quite like some of the honey-sweetness in my favourite black teas. It all combines so wonderfully. I didn’t think there could be a white tea that encompasses such perfection. It’s even great as it cools. I want to order more and more of this and have it all the time, but I think a part of what makes it so amazing is that I drink it so rarely.

I had a moment this morning where I saw the rating wasn’t as high at some of Stacy’s other teas and I feared the worst, but then I reminded myself that’s it’s a newer tea and perhaps that’s due to not enough people having tried it yet.

On an unrelated note, I’m running low on my maple butter. I had maple syrup in my oatmeal this morning instead, so as to begin the hoarding process until I’m home again in the summer and can pick up more. I knew I should’ve gotten the bigger size jar!

Flavors: Cream, Malt