This one was sent to me by Ysaurella. Thanks!

I did spy some rose petals, eep. Hopefully they won’t come across too strongly in the taste. I also treated myself to some stroopwafels, for no reason at all. My uncle is Dutch and he taught me to put the waffle over the top of your tea so the heat from the tea melts the sweet inside. So yummy!

Onto the tea! Oh no! The opening to my mug is evidently too big because I just took my stroopwafel off the top and half of it has fallen in! Well, the tea is guaranteed to be tasty now. I suppose when I finish this mug, I’ll have to make another sans stroopwafel to do an actual tasting note.

That stroopwafel looks delish

It is! Even the soggy half. :P

caile

nom nom I’ve never had a stoopwafel – looks delicious and seems perfect to go with a cup of tea!

Courtney

They definitely are! I always forget about them, but I was at the German store this morning and I spotted them on the shelf. Mwuahaha.

OMGsrsly

I love the maple ones. Too bad I haven’t seen a gluten free version!

Courtney

There are maple ones?! I’ll check next time I go to see if the ones they carry are gluten-free. :)

OMGsrsly

Yes there are. :) They’re usually in a box rather than just the plastic bag. I have never seen gluten free ones, sadly.

Courtney

I will definitely be checking for the maple ones everywhere I’ve seen them now haha. I was going to say I wonder if you could make your own, but they seem a bit intricate to make yourself.

Ysaurella

and how was the tea after being kinda swimming pool for the waffle ?

Courtney

Haha I could still get some lemon-y flavour Ysaurella :) I have high hopes for it! I plan on steeping some more this afternoon again. I love the opportunity to try French teas.

Ysaurella

typically French anyway to drop food in tea or coffee (we ALL drop our croissant in tea or coffee…ALL of us :) )

Hahaha! Excellent, I fit right in. :P

Kat_Maria

Ooooh, haven’t had these waffles for a while… Sometimes you can get them at Big Lots in the US… But usually my parents would send me some from Poland ;) Although I am sure none of them are as good as some original Dutch ones – which I had a LONG time ago, my then-BF brought them from his Dutch relatives.

Courtney

Hehe. I haven’t heard of Big Lots, but I know up here some of the grocery stores carry them too. :) I just enjoy visiting the German store really. i’m not German, but part Danish, and they also carry an eclectic mix of things from Holland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, etc.

goes to Big Lots to look for them

Kat_Maria

@Courtney – that sounds wonderful. I don’t have many stores of that sort here in central PA :(

@Stephanie – They used to have these from a Polish brand like 2 years ago but I could swear I saw some from some other (Scandinavian?) brand when I was to my local BL three weeks ago.

Shmiracles

omg stroopwafels. just… sigh.
i love this heating idea. it’s now a ‘thing’. from now on it will be a permanent thing.

#stroopwafel

Stephanie

I love Big Lots, they have the most random stuff!

Comments

Stephanie

That stroopwafel looks delish

It is! Even the soggy half. :P

caile

OMGsrsly

I love the maple ones. Too bad I haven’t seen a gluten free version!

Ysaurella

and how was the tea after being kinda swimming pool for the waffle ?

Hahaha! Excellent, I fit right in. :P

goes to Big Lots to look for them

Shmiracles

omg stroopwafels. just… sigh.

#stroopwafel

Stephanie

I love Big Lots, they have the most random stuff!

That’s my mug! I may have a slight love of Star Trek.

Likes: