drank Nina's Japon by Nina's Paris

This tea is delightful, as always. I sent a few parcels across the pond, so I’m spreading the Japon love. This tea is really making it’s way around! I’m just sipping away at a resteep right now, where I mixed 1/2 tsp. of Cacao in to “revive” it a bit. It smells nothing short of amazing. Yep, the roasty toasty goodness of Japon with a hint of chocolate from the cacao.

In other news, I just did 40 minutes of yoga and completed my second day of a self-induced squat challenge. I have been feeling so crappy lately, just in general. I’m also constantly exhausted. I’m up early every day and I overloaded my courses this term, but I can’t stay awake later than 9/10pm. No matter what I do. That just doesn’t say “healthy” to me in my mid-twenties. To that end, I’ve told myself I’ll get up 45 minutes earlier each day and do a yoga session when it’s still dark and quiet in the house.

Stephanie

Good call on the exercise/yoga. It seems counterintuitive but the more I exercise the more energy I have.

Courtney

It’s true! I don’t generally have an overabundance of time, but I’m just going to have to find it because you feel so much better.

Stephanie

Right…I tend to get my exercise in 10 minutes here, 15 minutes there type of stuff…whatever I can squeeze in! It all helps!

MissB

Yoga definitely helps, although when I’m really pinched for time, I use my kettlebells… 10-15 minutes and I’m sweating and feeling more energized than any yoga class or running sessions three times the length. It’s a surprisingly good workout.

VariaTEA

Have you ever gone to hot yoga? I may go tomorrow with my roommate though I am not a huge fan of heat so I am not sure how I will deal with that.

DELETEless than a minute ago
Oh yes. I’ve done hot yoga for years. I absolutely love it. But I also absolutely love heat haha. Heat and humidity actually. The hotter, the better.

VariaTEA

I like the “DELETEless than a minute ago” :P. And I absolutely hate humidity so I have avoided it for so long but I imagine it must feel pretty good.

Haha what is that?

Courtney

It does! It can be hard to breathe if you’re not used to the humidity, but after you leave you feel amazing.

That sounds scary, but it isn’t. :P

My roommate said something similar

Courtney

I quickly became addicted to it actually. Not the not being able to breathe bit, just hot yoga in general hah.

VariaTEA

The only thing is, after years of resisting, I finally said I would go and turns out the instructor is sick and there may not even be a class tomorrow

Courtney

Oh no! That would happen when you finally decide to go haha. I’ve also had instructors I just don’t like. If that happens, I would suggest trying another. I don’t do Bikram hot yoga though – is this the kind you’re planning on?

VariaTEA

I don’t believe so but tbh I am not sure.

Courtney

Well, I do hope it works out for you. :) Also, this is a long read, but I was in stitches by the end of it.

VariaTEA

Haha. That does not make me feel any better about the “hot” part of hot yoga.

Courtney

I figured as much. I just find it so funny. I so hope you’ll have fun if you end up going. It’s not for everyone, but then again neither is running. I miss running.

MissB

Hot yoga is definitely… acquired. I struggled through my first few classes, big time. My friend that went with me? Slept through it. :$

OMGsrsly

Your friend sounds like me, MissB! Heat = naps. :)

Comments

Stephanie

DELETEless than a minute ago

Haha what is that?

That sounds scary, but it isn’t. :P

My roommate said something similar

VariaTEA

I don’t believe so but tbh I am not sure.

VariaTEA

Haha. That does not make me feel any better about the “hot” part of hot yoga.

OMGsrsly

Your friend sounds like me, MissB! Heat = naps. :)

That’s my mug! I may have a slight love of Star Trek.

Likes: