drank Mayflower by Mariage Frères

This one came as a surprise in my swap with Ysaurella.

For some bizarre reason, teas with fig just smell like baby food to me. So there’s that. The fig here is apparent, yet not overwhelming. I’m finding it most in the aftertaste and the scent. There’s a bit of a floral quality that drowns out the fig in the initial taste. If this one didn’t have a floral quality and was only fig and vanilla, I may have been able to get on board. It’s more up my alley in the fig department than was Figue Fraiche.

Thanks for the opportunity to try more from Mariage Freres Ysuarella!

P.S. I love how “fish broth” is a flavour option, but “fig” isn’t.

Ysaurella

ahaha Fish broth…and not fig…Steepster is quite weird sometimes yes

Hello.Kiki

lol, I hear you on the flavor options! I’m surprised at some of the flavors that aren’t listed.

Fjellrev

I’m forever searching for that perfect fish broth tea.

Courtney

Being a Swedish chef Fjellrev, herring would be best.

__Morgana__

Yeah, fish broth is so specific. I wanted to use “broth” but not fish and it wasn’t an option. And most of the flavors I try to find aren’t there.

Courtney

I’ve sent three flavour emails now Morgana and they haven’t been added in yet. I sent the first one well over a week ago, maybe even two weeks now.

Comments

Ysaurella

ahaha Fish broth…and not fig…Steepster is quite weird sometimes yes

Hello.Kiki

Fjellrev

I’m forever searching for that perfect fish broth tea.

Courtney

Being a Swedish chef Fjellrev, herring would be best.

__Morgana__

Courtney

That’s my mug! I may have a slight love of Star Trek.

Likes: