drank Cream Irish Breakfast by Tealux

Sometimes I do tasting notes more or less to update you guys on my life. I do have a blog, but the little everyday things don’t make it there haha.

This tea is wonderful. It was actually one of the few teas I enjoyed from my Tealux order. It will definitely be a reorder. A nice black tea to wake you up, with a soft creaminess, so it isn’t too harsh.

I’m working on compiling the data I’ve found now, and the annotated bibliography is due for this research project Wednesday. I was stressed about it yesterday, but today I felt I had things back under control. I just checked my calendar and the e-version of my poster is due in less than 2 weeks. Which means this project needs to be done in less than 2 weeks. Along with the 3 midterms I have this week. AGH.

You can do it! :)

Thanks :)

Courtney

Are you working on your masters OMGsrsly?

OMGsrsly

Nope! Je refuse! My grades weren’t high enough for Arch funding, but they’re high enough for Science funding. Since I can’t follow my dreams, I’m having fun working in science. :)

Being paid is kinda rad.

Courtney

Haha I agree about getting paid! I think I asked before – it’s a protein lab you work in, right? I’m working on inching my GPA up in this last year so I can continue with bio. :)

OMGsrsly

Yep yep! It’s funny, I started taking Arch courses for the easy A’s, and ended up loving it. I especially love surveying and sorting things. :)

Courtney

Haha that’s awesome! I’ve never taken one sadly. There are so many course options and not enough time or money. I started taking psych for easy A’s and ended up with a minor in it. :P

OMGsrsly

I was warned about the psych courses at my school. A friend TA’d some at one point and said they’re like the calculus or organic chem of the arts. 50% fail rate. Ugh.. :/

Courtney

Shudder, organic chem of the arts sounds horrid.

Fjellrev

I’m sure you’ll do absolutely fine, Courtney! But it’s most definitely scary looking at your calendar and honestly wondering how you could possibly get through everything.

Were those psych courses usually placed on a bell curve, OMG? I took one psych course and I found it quite straightforward, but my last university loved those bell curves, especially for the 100- and 200-level. So unless you memorized every single thing in the textbook, no A’s for you. Kind of pointless, really.

OMGsrsly

I don’t remember. I mean, maybe? I know my math and chem courses were curved up. It’s one of the reasons I liked arch so much – your grade was your grade.

Jennkay

Good luck! I’ve also found myself using tasting notes as a mini journal entry of sorts, haha.

Courtney

Thanks Fjellrev! I’ve only had handful of profs that actually marked on a curve, but that can definitely affect your grade.

Courtney

Haha Jennkay, thank goodness it isn’t just me. I enjoy reading about everyone’s day along with their tea. :)

Stephanie

I sort of miss school…heh

Fjellrev

Yeah, foreign languages are like that too: no bell curves. And linguistics too, except maybe the intro courses. That’s how it should be!

I did however once have a prof who put every single question on the midterm on its own bell curve, so I ended up with marks like 12.62/15 and 7.93/8 on questions. And that was in Norse mythology. So obnoxious.

Comments

OMGsrsly

You can do it! :)

Thanks :)

Courtney

Are you working on your masters OMGsrsly?

Being paid is kinda rad.

Courtney

Shudder, organic chem of the arts sounds horrid.

Jennkay

Stephanie

I sort of miss school…heh

Fjellrev

That’s my mug! I may have a slight love of Star Trek.

Likes: