drank Root Beer by Simpson & Vail

Having this lovely tea as a bit of a pick-me-up. I took a break to throw ingredients in the crockpot for chicken tortilla soup, but I’m back to work here now. I feel like I managed to get a substantial amount done today. I still have a good hour to get some more done too, before I start falling asleep at my computer.

I keep this tea in a plastic bag, inside a tin to keep the scent from leeching out. The scent is wonderful, and so very root beer-esque, but not all my teas need to smell like that! I think S&V teas lose their potency a little quicker than other teas, but they all start out incredibly potent smelling, so I don’t really mind.

Kat_Maria

Chicken tortilla soup! * drools*

Hello.Kiki

The bag inside the tin is a good idea!

Courtney

Kat_Maria the crockpot is the best too, just throw it in and forget about it!

Hello.Kiki it’s the scent definitely seeps through the bag, but I’m hoping when I perhaps clean that tin out it’ll be easier since the leaves never actually touch it hah. :)

OMGsrsly

I’ve started putting sandwich bags inside my tins. It does make cleanup much easier!

Lynxiebrat

lol…my problem with that is that then you can’t fit as much tea inside! what kind of bags? like cheap and thin sandwich bags?

Comments

Kat_Maria

Chicken tortilla soup! * drools*

Hello.Kiki

The bag inside the tin is a good idea!

Courtney

Kat_Maria the crockpot is the best too, just throw it in and forget about it!

OMGsrsly

Lynxiebrat

That’s my mug! I may have a slight love of Star Trek.

Likes: