drank Holiday Tea by Market Spice

Today I required approval for two things. One for a social psych presentation, and one from the biology department to take a spring course. Not just any spring course. I took histology last term, which is actually a med school course, but they offer it at my school for health science students, and other science students that are brave enough to take it. I did, and it was the hardest thing I’ve done in my years studying biology, hands down. I still have nightmares about it, literally. They’re offering another histology in spring, which promises to be just as challenging (or more, considering it’s completed in half the time), so of course I wanted in. I am always up for a challenge, and the prof is absolutely amazing and highly intelligent. I was fully prepared to be denied, because first priority goes to health science students and the cap on the class is only 10 students (eep!). But my request was approved! YES. I may have done a wee dance outside the bio department where my friend was waiting. Hopefully the prof didn’t see that. :P

I’m home now, working on conservation, and having this tea in celebration. This tea is a delight. I’ve been impressed with the three Market Spice teas I’ve had so far. This one had mint leaves clearly throughout the dry tea, but I always secretly hope they won’t be too prominent. Success! The main flavours here are raspberry, followed by more subtle chocolate. The mint is barely there at all. I find I absolutely love raspberry teas when they are well done. And this one is. :)

Thanks EvaGrimm for sending some my way!

OMGsrsly

That sounds cool. :) It’s always so exciting to get into a super interesting course, especially one taught by an awesome prof!

Courtney

It is! She teaches only 2-3 courses because she is near-constantly publishing. By far one of the best profs I’ve ever had. :)

OMGsrsly

That is still a lot of courses. Most profs at my uni only teach one per year.

Courtney

What?! I’m not at a big university, and I was speaking to another prof the other day and she’s supposed to teach 4 courses with labs per term. There are less than 20 full-time bio profs though.

OMGsrsly

I think they’re supposed to teach two classes, but most profs buy themselves out and only teach one. We have lecturers who might teach 3-4 courses per semester tho. Which is RIDICULOUS.

Hello.Kiki

Congrats! Histology is tough! I know it’s definitely an upper level biomed class where I did my undergrad. Even better that it’s a great professor. I find that can make all the difference.

Courtney

A great prof does make all the difference. It was definitely challenging the first time around, and I’m looking forward to this next one.

Comments

OMGsrsly

OMGsrsly

That is still a lot of courses. Most profs at my uni only teach one per year.

Hello.Kiki

Courtney

That’s my mug! I may have a slight love of Star Trek.

Likes: