I don’t know about these pu’erh teas guys. I try to be open-minded, but once they’re steeped, the pue’erh scent just turns my stomach. Regardless, I power through because sometimes that strong scent doesn’t come through as strongly in the taste.

Unfortunately for this tea, it did. I just couldn’t get past the pu’erh-ness.

Thanks for the sample VariaTEA!

But on the upside, I just finished a sipdown of French Butter Cookie in matcha milk, and this one is a sample sipdown.

caile

Yeah, I’ve only tried pu’erh once so far, and also found it was the scent that was hard to get past…

TeaBrat

you should try a sheng puerh, does not have the same aroma at all

VariaTEA

Okay to be honest, Sil sent this to me, and I really don’t like pu’erh either. I tried it, and it was very pu’erh heavy so I passed it to you because for some reason, I thought you were a pu’erh fan. Obviously not so I shall keep that in mind :P

Courtney

TeaBrat I will keep that in mind.

VariaTEA no worries, I appreciate getting to try new things, even if they don’t turn out.

Aimee Popovacki

i get stomach aches from pu’erh’s … the only one i don’t is blood orange from davids, but i have to drink it in small quantities… i can bake/cook with pu’erh’s though and its been fine… i think when its just the tea and water though it does a number on me.

Hahaha all you puerh haters should try the strawberry chocolate one from lupicia ;)

VariaTEA

I have! Definitely one of the better pu’erhs I have had but still not for me.

Amariel

Strawberry chocolate pu erh….noms. I would love to try it. I’m gonna have to figure out a Lupicia order, I think.

Comments

caile

TeaBrat

you should try a sheng puerh, does not have the same aroma at all

Courtney

TeaBrat I will keep that in mind.

Aimee Popovacki

VariaTEA

I have! Definitely one of the better pu’erhs I have had but still not for me.

Amariel

That’s my mug! I may have a slight love of Star Trek.

Likes: