I tried North Winds last night, but didn’t write a note because I wasn’t too sure about it. I thought I’d steep this today since it has the North Winds base and I have now come to somewhat of a conclusion.

There is a very slight, subtle smokiness here. It’s extremely subtle, almost not smokiness, perhaps more like a campfire from a distance. Like the smoke has travelling through the forest and intermingled with trees and such along the way, however there is that smoky element, and unfortunately I can’t get past it.

There is a light richness to this cup otherwise, and some maltiness, and of course a hint of vanilla. It’s really a well done tea. I can see why this one is a crowd favourite. Sadly neither are for me, though I do have a little bit more to experiment with, so perhaps I can make something work.

doh. sorry to hear :(

whatshesaid

More for me ;)

i enjoyed golden orchid but not in the way that everyone else seems to be.

Courtney

I was expecting way more vanilla Sil. It was so similar to North Winds, I was expecting a completely different tea to be honest.

i liked this one better, but also expected more out of both of them.

Comments

doh. sorry to hear :(

whatshesaid

More for me ;)

i enjoyed golden orchid but not in the way that everyone else seems to be.

Courtney

i liked this one better, but also expected more out of both of them.

That’s my mug! I may have a slight love of Star Trek.

Likes: